GNM programme is meant to prepare general nurses who can efficiently perform as members of the health team and capable of dealing the competencies in both the hospitals and other such organizations.
- Minimum and Maximum age for admission will be 17 and 35 years. There is no age bar for ANM/LHV.
- 10+2 class passed preferably Science (PCB) & English with aggregate of 40% marks.
- 10+2 in Arts (Mathematics, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Health care Science - Vocational stream ONLY, passing out from recognized Board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board with 40% marks.
- 10+2 vocational ANM under CBSE Board or other equivalent board with 40% marks.
- Registered as ANM with State Nursing Registration Council.
- Student shall be medically fit.
- Students qualified in 10+2 Arts or Science examination or Health care Science - Vocational stream ONLY conducted by National Institute of Open School with 40% marks.
- Student shall be admitted once in a year.
Anatomy & Physiology
- Anatomy & Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- First Aid
- Personal Hygiene
Community Health Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Environmental Hygiene
- Health Education & Communication skills
- Medical Surgical Nursing I (including Pharmacology)
- Medical Surgical Nursing II (Specialities)
- Mental Health & Psychiatric Nursing
- Computer Education
- Midwifery and Gynaecology
- Community Health Nursing II
- Paediatric Nursing
- Education Methods & Media for teaching in practice of Nursing
- Introduction to Research
- Professional Trends & Adjustment
- Administration and Ward Management
- Health Economics
DURATION OF THE COURSE
The Diploma course in General Nursing and Midwifery shall be of three years duration.